The Pella Fire Department, Pella Ambulance and the Pella Police department responded to a fire in an apartment above Veenstra Insurance at approximately 2AM this morning at 713 ½ Franklin in downtown Pella. Officer Justin Bailey with the Pella Police department tells KNIA KRLS News that a caller reported a small fire and smoke in the apartment. The fire was extinguished by the time the fire crew arrived at the scene. According to Officer Bailey, the fire started when a lit candle burned down and fell, igniting the floor and wall. Damage was minimal and there were no injuries reported.