The One to Count On...

Television Set Causes Fire on South Roche Street in Knoxville

Posted: Thursday, August 12th, 2010 at 4:57 pm
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Dr. Bob Leonard/Samantha Smith

[simage=3602,400,y,center]

Knoxville Fire and Rescue, the Knoxville Police Department and Marion County Emergency Management responded to the report of a house fire at 701 S. Roche Street in Knoxville at approximately 3:45 Thursday afternoon. Knoxville fire officials tell KNIA/KRLS news the fire was caused by an older model television in the home. Crews were able to control the damage quickly by breaking a window and throwing out the television and other burning objects. Water was used to extinguish remaining flames, and fans were employed to minimize smoke damage to the home after the flames were extinguished. Two adults and one child were in the home when the fire started. They were transported to Knoxville Hospital and Clinics for observation given the heavy smoke in the home and the possibility of smoke inhalation. The American Red Cross is arranging for emergency shelter for those involved. Marion County Court records report that the deed to the home is held by Daniel E. Sutherland.

[simage=3603,400,y,center]