- KNIA / KRLS - http://www.kniakrls.com -

Pella City Council Awards Contracts for City Facilities

Posted By News On August 18, 2010 @ 6:25 am In Today’s Local News | Comments Disabled

[simage=3282,400,y,center]
Contracts for repairs to two city-owned facilities were awarded at Tuesday’s Pella City Council meeting. A contract in the amount of $391,000 was awarded to Academy Roofing & Sheet Metal Company to replace the roof of the Pella Indoor Pool, with work to begin taking place this fall. The project would include the removal of existing roofing and installation of a new PVC roofing system. The project will be paid for through the use of local option revenues.

The Pella City Council also approved an ordinance awarding Pella Concrete the contract for repairs to the runway at the Pella Municipal Airport. Pella Concrete submitted the low bid of nearly $147,000 on the project, and was one of two local contractors to bid on the project. Entitlement funds from the Federal Aviation Administration will cover 95 percent of the project’s cost, with the City meeting the remaining 5 percent.


Article printed from KNIA / KRLS: http://www.kniakrls.com

URL to article: http://www.kniakrls.com/2010/08/pella-city-council-awards-contracts-for-city-facilities/

Copyright © 2009 KNIA/KRLS. All rights reserved.