- KNIA / KRLS - http://www.kniakrls.com -

UPDATE: Two Transported to the Hospital for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Knoxville

Posted By News On December 27, 2010 @ 2:45 pm In Today’s Local News | Comments Disabled

[simage=4667,400,y,center]
Two Knoxville residents were transported to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure this morning. The incident occurred at 102 1/2 East Marion Street at approximately 10:11am. According to Police Chief Dan Losada when officers arrived on the scene a 66 year-old man was sitting in a pickup having difficulty breathing. He eventually stopped breathing and first responders began CPR. According to Fire Chief Mike Roberts the man was revived and transported to Knoxville Hospital and Clinics and eventually transported to Des Moines for further treatment where he remains in critical condition.

Losada says the incident was discovered by an Alliant Energy employee who stopped to check on the occupant of another apartment building. The employee detected the gas leak and called other Alliant employees to check out the leak. The occupant of the other apartment was also taken to the hospital for treatment in a private vehicle and remains in stable condition.

Roberts says the True Value business, located under the apartment was evacuated as a precautionary measure and has been reopened.

The incident remains under investigation by the Knoxville Fire Department. KNIA/KRLS news will bring you more information as it becomes official.
[simage=4668,400,y,center]
[simage=4673,400,y,center]
[simage=4672,400,y,center]


Article printed from KNIA / KRLS: http://www.kniakrls.com

URL to article: http://www.kniakrls.com/2010/12/possible-carbon-monoxide-case-in-knoxville/

Copyright © 2009 KNIA/KRLS. All rights reserved.