The One to Count On...

Overloaded Socket to Blame for an Early Morning Fire in a Knoxville Home

Posted: Friday, March 4th, 2011 at 6:26 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Dr. Bob Leonard

[simage=5056,400,y,center]
The Knoxville Fire Department was paged to 1510 W Pleasant at approximately 2:30 AM to the report of a smoke-filled house. Fire Chief Mike Roberts tells KNIA/KRLS news that a space heater and and other appliances overloaded a wall socket without tripping a breaker, causing a fire in the wall. Two people and a pet were safely evacuated from the house and are receiving Red Cross assistance in relocating.

Roberts urges caution when using space heaters, and to be sure not to overload electrical sockets.