- KNIA / KRLS - http://www.kniakrls.com -

Overloaded Socket to Blame for an Early Morning Fire in a Knoxville Home

Posted By News On March 4, 2011 @ 6:26 am In Today’s Local News | Comments Disabled

[simage=5056,400,y,center]
The Knoxville Fire Department was paged to 1510 W Pleasant at approximately 2:30 AM to the report of a smoke-filled house. Fire Chief Mike Roberts tells KNIA/KRLS news that a space heater and and other appliances overloaded a wall socket without tripping a breaker, causing a fire in the wall. Two people and a pet were safely evacuated from the house and are receiving Red Cross assistance in relocating.

Roberts urges caution when using space heaters, and to be sure not to overload electrical sockets.


Article printed from KNIA / KRLS: http://www.kniakrls.com

URL to article: http://www.kniakrls.com/2011/03/overloaded-socket-to-blame-for-an-early-morning-fire-in-a-knoxville-home/

Copyright © 2009 KNIA/KRLS. All rights reserved.