The One to Count On...

Garage Fire Causes Damage Over Weekend

Posted: Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 at 6:24 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Aaron Gernes

IMG_2400

A fire over the weekend caused some damage to a garage in Knoxville. Assistant Knoxville Fire Chief Ben Truetken tells KNIA/KRLS that the fire at 213 North Fourth Street in Knoxville was caused by a wood burning stove within the garage. He explains it caused significant damage to the backside of the garage in particular; there’s also fire, smoke, and water damage throughout. Truetken recommends that all wood burning stoves be professionally installed and maintained regularly.