The One to Count On...

No Significant Damage After Switch Burns Up

Posted: Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 at 6:22 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Aaron Gernes

A minor fire caused no major damage at the Knoxville Recreation Center last night. The Knoxville Fire Department responded shortly after 7:30 Friday night to a report of a fire in the swimming pool area. Fire Chief Nick Bonstell says that a switch near the whirlpool burned up and started ablaze. The Recreation Center was briefly evacuated, but patrons were allowed back in the swimming pool area shortly after the flames were put out.