The One to Count On...

Carbon Monoxide Alarm Saves Lives in Knoxville

Posted: Sunday, March 17th, 2013 at 6:26 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Aaron Gernes

IMG_6680

Knoxville Fire Chief Nick Bonstell says that a carbon monoxide alarm likely saved two lives Tuesday morning. Knoxville Fire and Rescue were called out to the 700 block of West Main Street at around 9:15am at a report of possible carbon monoxide poisoning. When crews arrived on scene, they measured the CO as being 600 parts per million within the house, which he says was a very high amount. The woman and child were transported to Knoxville Hospital and Clinics; their condition is unknown, but Bonstell says he’s hopeful concerning how they are doing. He adds that with Daylight Saving Time getting underway, this is a good opportunity to switch batteries on CO detectors as well as smoke detectors. KNIA/KRLS will bring you more information if any becomes official.