- KNIA / KRLS - http://www.kniakrls.com -

Carbon Monoxide Alarm Saves Lives in Knoxville

Posted By News On March 17, 2013 @ 6:26 am In Today’s Local News | Comments Disabled

IMG_6680 [1]

Knoxville Fire Chief Nick Bonstell says that a carbon monoxide alarm likely saved two lives Tuesday morning. Knoxville Fire and Rescue were called out to the 700 block of West Main Street at around 9:15am at a report of possible carbon monoxide poisoning. When crews arrived on scene, they measured the CO as being 600 parts per million within the house, which he says was a very high amount. The woman and child were transported to Knoxville Hospital and Clinics; their condition is unknown, but Bonstell says he’s hopeful concerning how they are doing. He adds that with Daylight Saving Time getting underway, this is a good opportunity to switch batteries on CO detectors as well as smoke detectors. KNIA/KRLS will bring you more information if any becomes official.


Article printed from KNIA / KRLS: http://www.kniakrls.com

URL to article: http://www.kniakrls.com/2013/03/carbon-monoxide-alarm-saves-lives-in-knoxville-3/

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://kniakrls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_6680.jpg

Copyright © 2009 KNIA/KRLS. All rights reserved.