- KNIA / KRLS - http://www.kniakrls.com -

Burned Up Sump Pump Causes Brief Evacuation of Home

Posted By News On May 31, 2013 @ 1:42 pm In Today’s Local News | Comments Disabled

A Knoxville family was evacuated from their home after a sump pump belt burned up and filled their basement with smoke. The incident occurred just after noon on Friday at the 600 block of West Marion St. No one was injured; the family was able to return after the belt was removed and the basement was ventilated. Knoxville Fire Chief Bonstell recommends setting float switches higher the next few days. He tells KNIA/KRLS News that residents should also keep tabs on water levels and make sure the pump isn’t overworking itself.


Article printed from KNIA / KRLS: http://www.kniakrls.com

URL to article: http://www.kniakrls.com/2013/05/burned-up-sump-pump-causes-brief-evacuation-of-home/

Copyright © 2009 KNIA/KRLS. All rights reserved.