The One to Count On...

Knoxville Woman Hospitalized Due to Gas Fumes

Posted: Friday, May 17th, 2013 at 6:24 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Aaron Gernes

A woman was hospitalized in Knoxville yesterday after gas from a stove overwhelmed her. The incident happened shortly after 11:15am, when Knoxville Fire and Rescue was paged out to her home on North Kent Street. Knoxville Fire Chief Nick Bonstell says the stove had been left on, causing the woman non-life threatening injuries. Bonstell says they turned off the stove and aired out the home. A later test showed that the gas had cleared.