- KNIA / KRLS - http://www.kniakrls.com -

Attic Fire at VA Campus Caused by Electrical Shortage

Posted By News On July 17, 2013 @ 2:03 pm In Today’s Local News | Comments Disabled

IMG_3003 [1]

There was no major damage and no injuries after a fire in the attic of Building One on the VA Campus. Knoxville City Fire and Rescue, Knoxville Rural Fire, and the Knoxville Police Department were called out to the VA just after 1:15 this afternoon at a report of smoke in the attic. Knoxville Fire Chief Nick Bonstell says the fire started after an electrical short in an attic panel. He explains that luckily, two people were in the attic working on a fan. When they saw sparks coming from a separate portion of the attic, they were able to shut down the electricity, helping contain the fire for firefighters. The VA was evacuated for about 30 minutes as the fire was investigated and put out. Building One is the current location of the Knoxville Community-Based Outpatient Clinic.


Article printed from KNIA / KRLS: http://www.kniakrls.com

URL to article: http://www.kniakrls.com/2013/07/attic-fire-at-va-campus-caused-by-electrical-shortage/

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://kniakrls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_3003.jpg

Copyright © 2009 KNIA/KRLS. All rights reserved.