The One to Count On...

Electrical Fire Leaves Pleasantville Home Uninhabitable

Posted: Sunday, August 31st, 2014 at 5:52 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Tony Correa

1409252074002_5851237422_eb609307

Emergency crews battle an electrical fire Thursday at a home in Pleasantville.

Authorities responded to a call of smoke billowing from a home at 305 Jasper Street at just after 1:30pm in the afternoon.

Pleasantville Firefighter and Paramedic Joe Van Haalen said the fire began in the basement and did a significant amount of smoke damage to the house, leaving it uninhabitable. A crewman from Mid-American Energy shut off power to the home.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported, however two dogs were lost as a result of the fire. County records show that the deed to the property is held by Michael and Carisa Dabb.

Pleasantville Fire Department, Pleasantville Police Department, Knoxville Fire and Rescue, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, and Pleasantville Public Works all assisted on the call.